Sunday, August 12, 2012

Seeing things from a different point of view

I'm a neat freak.  There, I admit it.  I simply can't stand it when I visit someones house, there's stuff all over the place and I suspect that there may be a 2-week old sandwich behind the couch.  I once visited a boyfriend in my twenties and started to clean up by doing the washing up - I got a good telling off.  So I am very cautious about spreading the tidying bug when I visit people.

I was therefore very suprised when visiting my current boyfriend today.  He had a friend of his coming over from out of town and we were getting the place ready for her arrival.  It started small - change the sheets, vacuum the floor - but we decided to move the couch.  Then his friend arrived, a little early, and was so encouraging we spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning behind everything.  We rearranged the furniture, grouped all the books & DVDs, filled up the recyling bucket and created a big pile of all the 'things which didn't have a home'.

Through it all all he gave me big hugs and thanks for making him sort it out! I was a little worried that I was taking over his place, but he was so happy to have it tidy, not have cables all over the place, sorted out several bunches of random paperwork and found a home / recycled the big pile of 'things'.  We did a great days work and could be justifiably proud of what we achieved.

Sometimes one mans pushy is anothers motivation.  Thankyou you for making me see me from a different perspective.

luv, ceedee

No comments:

Post a Comment