Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Happiness is a warm TED

This is the best post ever on TED:
http://www.ted.com/talks/shawn_achor_the_happy_secret_to_better_work.html

That's a big claim, I know, but I think when I go back to a single post time and time again, it's gotta be good.  I get excited by this 12 minute speech every time I listen to it!  Amazing.  It supports my setting up this blog in the first place - although I saw it long after I had started this.  It makes me think of http://freshnewday.net/ the blog which I was originally inspired by - it's about finding the good thing that happens each day.  i honestly don't know how this couple managed to fit it into their busy world.

Some of the best quotes from Shawn Achor:
  • Amy, you're a baby unicorn!
  • If we study what is merely average, we will remain merely average.
  • It is the lens through which you view the world which shapes your reality.  If we can re-shape the lens not only can we change your happiness but the outcomes as well.

Reversing the formula for happiness, positivity in the present and seeing the good in life will change your focus and give you a happiness advantage.  Your intelligence rises, your creativity rises, energy levels rise.

Imagine that...


No comments:

Post a Comment