Monday, September 24, 2012

TGIFriday

Before you say anything - yes, I know it's not friday!

Last Friday Wellington turned on the charm.  It's become a chiche but cliches become cliches because they are true - You can't beat Wellington on a good day.  I woke up to blazing sunshine, clear skies and warmth.  I become a different person when the sun is shining - relaxed, positive and motivated (no change there you say!).  I went for a swim at Kilbirnie pool (the best in Welly, if you're looking for one) and came out energised and happy.  As it was so near, I decided to go to the beach; so I got a pizza from Mediterranean Food Warehouse and headed down Lyall bay. 


What more could I want? a good book, a great pizza, sun on my face and the sound of waves in my ears.  This was my view of the world for at least a couple of hours:

Ok, this stupid app has 'corrected' my photo so that it's upright - this is supposed to be on it's side, so please tilt your head to the right and imagine lying on your side - cos that's how I ended up, snoozing on the sand.  Ah Wellington, I loves ya.


No comments:

Post a Comment