Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I have really great friends

It's my birthday coming up, yes another 10 years on the planet - let's celebrate!

So I decided to book a batch and do the weekend away thing.  I found a really great, and cheap, place on the south coast.  After being totally shocked at the prices peopel want to charge for a weekend cottage I found Ann's Abodes, a lady who just advertises on her own website (not through the holiday homes websites) and therefore is a bit cheaper than average.  Of course I had no idea what it was going to be like inside - no pictures of the rooms - but it was toally wonderful.  Wood fire, huge living area and amazing view out over the beach.  Very calm and tranquil and NO cellphone cover. 

That was a bit of a shock, to realise there are still places with no cellphone coverage - but we got over it very quickly :}

I'd just like to say a huge thankyou to the 7 people who spent the weekend with me playing games, walking up to the light house, and eating vast quantities of food, I had a fabulous time with you all.  I really enjoyed the startrek crew we became - great costumes even if the mystery itself was a bit convoluted!

There's only one question remaining - how do I get through all the leftover humus, chicken and cheese without ending up twice the size I am now??!!

Thanks James, Sarah, Sharon, Brent, Adrianne, Lisa and Paul, I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment