Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The seasons turn

It may look like a patch of dirt, but this morning this was foot-high with weeds of all flavours, including a horrible creeping thing that grows over everything else if you give it 2 seconds. 

I was talking to a friend on Monday and he told me he was digging holes for fence posts and getting hesian netting up outside.  I was thinking about it and realised that the weather IS getting better and as a consequence, it seems, people are getting out and doing stuff in the garden.  So it's true what they say, spring does affect our mood and our tendancies.  Goodbye to the cold and wind and cold of winter, here come the good times.  I know from living in Brisbane one year that I love the summer, but that without the winter I really wouldn't appreciate it.  That doesn't mean I have to be here for all of it - I'm quite happy to gallivant about the place (overseas) for several weeks of winter but come back to heat pump, scarf and hat so that when the sun shines (like it is today) I can love it with all of my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment